Monday, June 1, 2009
The Noro silk garden lite became a baktus scarf.
Because I just loved Lynne's beautiful one (it looks like an antique turkish kilim) and Margeurite's too. Lee felt the same way. Not to mention all the other great project pics of it on ravelry.
I talked a few posts ago about how I was knitting the feather and fan comfort shawl, being done in Noro silk garden lite. I was most heartened by Pamela Lee's comment that it wouldn't be too bad once that aqua and lime got going in there.
Because I didn't want the stripes in the shawl to be too narrow, I split the knitting in half, knitting one half with one ball and one half with the other, twisting the yarns over each other in the centre. I had carefully started at the same place in the colour scheme on each ball, but there had already been a strange splice on one side that I had to cut out of the other side. When the aqua and the lime were coming up, I noticed it was only in one of the balls. So I inspected the rest of the yarn.
Ah Noro - you evil mongrel of a yarn company. Two balls; broken in SIX places, fixed with three knots and three dodgy splices. An end of lime green knotted with an end of dark navy. Pink spliced with dark maroon, completely omitting the entire colour in between. No lime green nor aqua AT ALL in one of the balls.
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Noro, but for an expensive yarn this kind of thing is just too shabby for words.
Damn shame you look so good.
Posted by Unknown at 10:19 AM