Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cat's out of the bag

Donna and I went to the craft show yesterday (sometimes I think we're joined at the hip) and had a great day.

The top floor has the 'craft labs' - a lot of the indie designers and crafters have stalls there; really cool hand printed fabrics, softies and sewing projects - it's very, very inspiring. The Audrey and Maude dachshund with her puppies almost made me die, and I think I also finally saw the appeal of wonky handmade bunting.

It's a cornucopia of cute - with birds, birdhouses, matryoshka doll fabric, owls, wonky monsters, hippos, pinnies, dresses, cushions, hand screened linens, and bunting. My daughter would have had an ecstatic fit!

Next year I'm going to take more money.

BTW - I saw the most recent YARN magazine, hot off the press yesterday. My pattern for the cloud mantilla is in there - made with one skein of luxury Louet Mooi (the softest fibre I've ever tasted), it's a multifunctional piece; a cowl, a hood, a scarf, a skirt. I'm pretty pleased with it, and thanks to Donna for actually knitting it for me.

So, that's it from me, have a great weekend everybody.

7 comments:

Rose Red said...

Oooh Mooi...nice!!

Bunting is everywhere at the moment, isn't it!! I'm giving the show a miss this year in an effort to not spend (more) money, but I am almost regretting my decision!

DrK said...

ooh looking forward to seeing the mag. and are you saying that you and donna are not actually joined at the hip? oh no wait, i have seen you one time alone:) hehe. nothing wrong with having a friend who likes all the same stuff you do tho!

Lea said...

I went - and those puppies were way too cute

jae said...

Congrats on the pattern in Yarn! I'll have to remember to look it up in Ravelry when the magazine issue is input in the database.

Ann said...

Congratulations! I will have to keep an eye out for the magazine.

Kate said...

I picked up Yarn, but haven'y had a chance to open it yet - will go and have a look.
Why don't you have a stand next year?? So many people there were looking for yarn and I figure more yarn, more knitters will come and therefore the next year more yarn etc etc in a big circle.

gemma said...

I'm with Kate, a knitabulous stand up in the incubator section.