Thursday, April 15, 2010

My very clever friend



I know some people have knitpicks sets, which are nice and tidy. Not me.

Me - I have this.



I rang my friend Donna and got her out of bed on Tuesday morning on my way to work.

"I want you to think about something. I want you to think about how you'd go about making a reinforced kind of rollup with little loops on it for circular storage. The kind that you can hang on a coathanger. I've seen them on the internet over the years, and have always wanted one. I haven't seen one for a long time, come to think of it. I think it'd be a goer on your esty store."

"hmm? yeah? I'm going back to bed now"

So that was Tuesday morning. Tuesday night she said to me she'd been 'thinking' about what I'd said.

Today is Thursday. Donna visited today, and look what she brought with her - a prototype for a circular needle roll.




I just LOVE it. It has sheep on it! Finished with the precision and detail of a trained dressmaker, this needle storage solution is one of the finest I've seen. And, lucky me, I get to keep it!

While she was here I took some pictures of the other things she has in her store ...







I beleive you can learn sewing, theoretically, like me - but have no propensity for it whatsoever. I look at these bags and the workmanship is amazing. Lucky me, to have such a talented friend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna, please make one for me. I'll pay. Love Bells
xo

Rose Red said...

It really is a fab storage solution!! She's a clever clogs, that Donna!

I don't have a lot of patience for sewing either. Which is a bit dumb of me, because it's a lot quicker than knitting!

soknitpicky said...

Lucky indeed! Those look fabulous!

Mary said...

Wow You are lucky!! Love the color too!

Anonymous said...

she really is a very clever sewer and that needle roll is awesome! i have a few of those bags (cough) and love them. cant wait to see what she has on the market table in may!

Yarna said...

Brilliant! I agree - these would be a goer. And I want one too. And will pay.

Ann said...

You are indeed lucky to have such a clever friend. The needle roll looks great.

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna, I wants one. Will pay. Please?

I also cannot sew to save my life, and I marvel at what can be done by those who can... You should seriously consider adding crafty think-tank to your resume though...

Meg said...

Brilliant idea ... and so much cute stuff! Thanks!

Madison Harvey said...

This was lovely, thanks for sharing this