Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sad Family Matters

Today is inner city guild meeting, which I am missing because my husband is in Ireland spending precious time with his gravely ill mother. It's an unspeakably sad situation. He was supposed to come back tomorrow but has had to extend his visit for a few more days.

Which leads me to remember that last month at the meeting, I was presented with a prize that I'd won on PomPom's blog. I had forgotten about it, so it was a happy suprise when Sally gave it to me.

Look what was in the bag!


Sally had bought it when she herself was visiting the UK on sad family matters in May. It's a beautiful alpaca/wool/sparkle laceweight in the most gorgeous royal blue. Boxed and numbered in true limited edition tongue in cheek fashion. I love it!

Next weekend though, I'm escaping to the city with some friends, staying at the flash raddisonblu that I booked via mystery 5 star deal on wotif.com to enjoy the sights and nightlights of the big smoke, before heading off to yummy yumcha at sky phoenix, hopefully some shopping at zara, and then on to the whole point of the shebang - the Sydney WWKIP event.

World Wide Knit in Public - Sydney event (one of)


Location: Customs House, Circular Quay, Sydney
Time: 1 - 4 pm
Date: June 18, 2011

I beleive there will be giveaways and games, so really you should come along.

7 comments:

Rose Red said...

I'm sorry to hear about your motherinlaw, but glad that your husby is able to see her.

I will see you next week!

Do you think you will knit up the royal wedding yarn? It really is superfantastic!

Anonymous said...

im sad about the sad and thinking of you all. im glad you have some good things happening to help get you through, and i cant wait for our little adventure next weekend!

Yarna said...

Being so far away makes a difficult time that much harder. Sorry to hear that your family are going through this.
Looking forward to catching up with you next week. I have been staying at the Radisson for the last week in order to be onsite for our office relocation. The beds are super comfortable - great pillows!

amy said...

I'm sorry for the sad as well. The huge distance just makes everything harder, I'm sure.

I think I'm going to be knitting a sparkly sweater for my daughter this fall. I'm not a sparkly yarn person myself, but she definitely is, and for her? I'll do it. ;)

gemma said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby's mum.

looking forward to catching up with you at customs house Saturday!

I've seen the prizes and they are really something, thank you to all the fabbo sponsors Ms Knitabulous!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, I hope things go as smoothly as can be hoped.

I'll see you Saturday!

1funkyknitwit said...

Like all have said, sad that you and your family are going through a tough time right now, take care and hoping all goes as well as expected under the circumstances.

Yaay to the yummy blue yarn .D