The warm snap has been followed by a very cold snap, and the absence of furniture in the house it making is brrr! indeed. I wish I had my yarn stash to play in, but alas it's packed up until Tuesday at the earliest. Bah.
Instead I've been crocheting when I can, although I've struggled to find the motivation to do anything yarny for a while now. I hope it comes back .. What am I going to do with my time otherwise?
Anyway, the crochet scarf is finished, bar a bit of end weaving, my signature finishing technique - loose ends.
Ravelry Project Link
I used the motif as described here.
The yarn is from a kit from Sackville and Lane (they used to have a website, now I can't find it) for a babette's blanket style alternative, which I did not like much. Kindly bought for me by Donna at Bendigo Sheep and Wool earlier this year.
It's 3 hexes wide and 21 long, plus two end fillers making a total of 65 african flower motifs. It's about 15cm wide and 145cm long.
I had fantasies whilst making these hexes of a chevron blanket, a la US missoni from target,
or these gorgeous stars a la some free pattern website.
You could probably spend a lifetime putting perle cottons together and turning it into soft and drapey fabrics. It's a fun way to play with colour, that's for sure.