Thursday, October 29, 2009

This just in

When you put one amazing photographer/graphic designer and knitter together with one incredible knitting design talent and an Australian architect/designer to work on a fibre book/project, the results, I imagine, will be mind-blowing.

I'm not a massive fan of Habu in the flesh - although I can say I've drooled with the rest of you over the visual images of it on the web, when I see it I just can't imagine what I would do with it. It's not that I don't 'get' it, it's more that I'm not sure I want it.

Although, if ever there was a project to change my mind, I think this may be it.


OAK KNITS


I know I'll be waiting with bated breath on this one.

2 comments:

Bells said...

oh intriguing!

I really very much dislike habu. Whenever I see someone raving over the stainless steel stuff, or some of the more 'novelty yarn' looking versions, I feel utterly devoid of interest. It seems to knit up nicely but not enough to make me even think of wearing it.

I always thought I was alone.

Jocelyn said...

Hi Ailsa,
Meant to tell you that the fabulous yarns I bought from you arrived safe and sound - including the freebie in a beautiful lemony yellow you sent. Thank you so much!