Saturday, January 3, 2009

Giving you the knits - fresh for 2009!

The Ivel coat now has two sleeves. I love how the increases are incorporated into the centre of the sleeve, not just cast on at the ends, giving the sleeve a tailored look, almost like a proper dart. I also love how snuggly soft it is - it's going to be very warm coat for winter next year.


And because you need a break from a project like a coat, I began what Susan Pandorf calls 'an aperitif - a quick knit'. Her Leaves of Grass scarf is such a gorgeous knit, and I think is perfect for the deliciously coloured merino/silk yarn that I've had in my stash for some time.

And, something else, chomping at the bit for a bit of needle time. It's a knitpicks pallette kit for Eunny Jang's Autumn Rose pullover - a project I'm doing as a knitalong with my friend Donna. She very generously bought me this kit for Christmas. She's already started hers, and she's a lightning fast knitter, so I'll be trailing along behind very soon though, as I can't stop thinking about this project, my very first fair isle (the only other colourwork I've done is the endpaper mitts, also by Eunny Jang, which I gave away in a swap).

I also have a few designs up there floating around, one of them I like very much, I have a problem getting the time and the inspiration to hit at the same moment.

4 comments:

Charmaine said...

I can't wait to see this coat finished. The colour is gorgeous and the yarn looks fabulous, knitabulous!

Rose Red said...

all fabulous knitting, as always with you! The greenish yarn is perfect for your aperitif scarf!

Anonymous said...

The coat's sleeves are gorgeous but I love the scarf best!! Good luck wth the KAL with Donna.

Susan Pandorf said...

Very pretty! I so enjoy seeing what other knitters do with my patterns.

Blessings & happy knitting always!