I've just had the least prolific finished knitted object year - the output has been rubbish. This is because I have abandoned SO MANY projects that I started, I am ashamed of myself.
Some of them I didn't even blog about, because I really only show finished items.
I really wasted a lot of knitting time this past year. It is my belief that there are only a finite number of knitting hours in one's life, and squandering them away on failed projects is a complete waste of time. I feel the same way about drinking bad wine. There are only a finite number of wine hours - you must use them wisely!
But man, I met a lot of people, made a few new friends, drank a lot of wine (but probably less than 2008), went on two planes, and dyed a lot of yarn. Not too bad.
Here's what I did get finished. It's a little embarrasing.
1. tweed blanket, 2. aestlight worn, 3. aeolian, 4. niddy noddy as baby, 5. Mock Cabled Vest, 6. baktus scarf 4, 7. Feb Baby Sweater , 8. cleckheaton kaledoscope, 9. autumn rose finished, 10. Debbie Bliss Slouchy Hat, 11. pretty as a peacock again, 12. Hedera, 13. ivel, 14. Bollywood Nights 2, 15. shantaram, 16. shantaram
My knitting goal for 2010 was going to be like Donna's - knit what i want when I want, but I do like a bit of discipline with my knitting. (Ooh aar missus!)
So, my own goal is to really focus on what I want to knit and why, and finish or frog (as in not just abandon) EVERY THING I start. Except the blankets. They can take ten years for all I care.
On the list for garments this year are the following:
1. Featherweight Cardigan - in knitabulous yarn FiftyFifty. I've already started this. Hoping it will be a quick knit.
2. Tea Leaves Cardigan in Madeline Tosh Worsted in the exact colour of the sample. Not that easy to obtain, but I adore the colour.
3. A norwegian inspired pullover or cardigan like Neiman or perhaps the Freyja sweater. I'm leaning towards the Neiman cardigan.
4. Kelmscott - I started this in a cleckheaton single, but I didn't like how it was knitting up, it was a little fluffy. I have bought a few balls of alpaca and I'm going to swatch with it. It suprised me to realise that I have never knit anything from alpaca before.
5. Peaks Island Hood in Rowan Kid Classic.
And I'd really like to knit more tweedy yarns.
On the list for lace this year are the following;
1. Mediterranean Lace Shawl - I've started this, thinking I could make it in time for the Easter Show, but sadly it's just too big. 2011 maybe.
2. Something Black - I don't know what yet.
On the list for knitabulous yarns;
1. I'm going to really put more effort into building this business. I love it so much! To this end I will begin stocking Fleece Artist Merino as one of my bases in February. It's expensive, but it really is a beautiful sock yarn.
2. I'm going to keep the other yarns though.
3. I'm going to go to my own website with a permanent colour range, as well as the one-off's I do now.
4. There will be another club opening in February. It will be geographically themed again, I'm tossing up between Paris and Japan at the moment.
5. I'm going to introduce a frequent customer program, to thank the wonderful repeat buyers I have for their support.
And on the personal list
1. I'm going to try and learn how to run.
2. We're hoping to sell this house and move this year. Not sure how far yet but it will definitely be north.
My primary objective though, is not to let 2010 slip through my fingers like 2009 did.