I packed up my yarn stash yesterday with the intention of putting the whole thing out for destash as a single unit. For Sale: 1 instastash.
While I was packing it away, I realised I do actually really like a great deal of it, so I changed my mind. But there will be no starting of new projects now until after the move in early October, because I have imposed a 'nothing new in' rule on the household until then. It's going to be hard enough to pack what we already have without adding unnecessarily to it.
But that's not to say the wip's aren't getting a seeing to. The crochet kit I posted about a while ago has been a complete breath of fresh air to me, I'm enjoying it so much, after so many mentally taxing projects it feels like cheating to be crocheting mindless little hexagons night after night.
Using the 'african flower' motif, I crocheted about 60 hexagons. It might not be enough, and I still have some perle cotton left, but at this stage I really wanted to experiment with some joining techniques.
There are many ways to join hexagons together in crochet. I went for a very simple single crocheted joining technique which I made up out of my head, although I'm sure I'm not the first person to do it like this.
I'm so happy with the way it's turning out, I'm half inclined to buy 11 more perle cottons and just keep working on it until it's a bedspread. It won't feel like cheating then I'm sure.
It's keeping me occupied while I madly procrastinate about our impending house move.